Der Hirte went straight onto the prestigious Spiegel bestseller list, the week after its release in Germany.
I am very happy to introduce police inspector Fredrik Beier and his partner Kafa Iqbal to readers all over Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I know that you guys really know how to appreciate a good crime story, and I know that you are picky as well, so I am truly grateful and glad for the way Der Hirte has been greeted. Thanks for all the wonderful feedback through mail and social media.
Der Hirte (Wienerbrorskapet) is the first installment of the Fredrik Beier-series. Publisher Blanvalet have done a marvelous in introducing Fredrik and Kafa to the German-speaking audience – check out the cinematic trailer here:
Check out a sample here:
Two weeks after its introduction Der Hirte is currently at no. 10 on Der Spiegel’s best seller list.
Der Hirte (Wienerbrorskapet, #1 Beier-saga) out in Germany this June!
As We Fall was released in Polish this February, titled Straceńcy.
Poland is the first country outside Norway to present the second part of the Fredrik Beier-saga to its crime reading audience. And the reception is overwhelming. Here are the words from ten leading literature bloggers:
- The novel is written reliably and honestly. The characters are varied and full of expression. Storylines are being told in a logical manner. The story has a good pace. International crime, contemporary bioterrorist threats and human conflicts are well balanced. The novel provides the reader with an intense and unforgettable experience. (wasilka-slowajakmarzenia.blogspot.no)
- All the pieces of the puzzle found their places at the right time. I got what you always expect from a good thriller – emotion, surprise, mystery and cleverly constructed story. (domowaksiegarnia.blogspot.no)
- … a solid piece of Scandinavian crime fiction. It is darkly intriguing and surprising. Heroes are not sleek or perfect, but people of flesh and blood, with real problems, sometimes very serious. (3telnik.pl)
- Straceńcy will provide you with a solid thrill, it effectively lures you into a blind alley, and you will get an immense satisfaction from reading. (bookmoment.pl)
- Straceńcy is an interesting thriller that combines the best features of the genre. The complicated plot, extensive historical background and charismatic characters make it a good read. (carolinelivre.pl)
- Straceńcy sucks you in from the first page. Amazing twists, interesting plots and clever intrigue makes the book impossible to put away. Johnsrud’s novel is not only an excellent continuation of the successful debut, but also a masterfully constructed story, which does not allow even a moment of breath. (uncafeconlibros.blogspot.no)
- The intriguing storyline is enriched with fragments of the recent past, that effectively catches your attention (…) gradually the readers blood begins to freeze. (mozaikaliteracka.pl)
- Very addictive novel, rushing and intriguing storyline, abrupted by sudden suspense, strong moments of climax, sudden twists of events, and the vast, though controversial, creation of the protagonist. Fredrik Beier arouses sympathy and understanding, but also anger and indignation. He is an extremely colorful and interesting character. I eagerly await the next exhilarating views of the series. (bookendorfina.blogspot.no)
- Ingar Johnsrud will not let you put the book down, not even for a moment, there’s no time to rest or respite. (zazakladka.blogspot.no)
- Ingar Johnsrud (…) wrote another very good detective story. (z-ksiazka-w-reku.blogspot.no)